They are an obvious integral staple piece, and they complete a man and woman’s wardrobe whilst providing it with quality aesthetic values. Again, shorts are derivatives of pants. They are so because they describe the various pants length that differs from the original sources – Trousers.
Shorts are originally modified from trousers, a variety of pants. They are worn especially during the summer, as they contain design aesthetics that allows for easy flow of air, freedom, style, and comfort.
Whilst growing up, guys originally wore shorts when going to schools, gatherings, and even as a stay at home pieces. They saw moving on from shorts to trousers as a form of transitioning from being a teenager, to being an adult.
Shorts come in different sizes, lengths, styles, and variations; with each typically foremost ones having a crotch/rise depth of between seven to ten inches, and fabrics compassing from Cotton, Linen, Wool, Synthetics, etc.
Speaking of lengths, shorts range from;
• At the Kne: This shorts variety possesses an inseam of 10 inches or more, but usually not over the knee. It usually fits better on men of huskier body types.
• Above the Knee: This shorts variety has an inseam on between nine to ten inches.
• Lower Thigh: This shorts variety has an inseam of between seven to nine inches, and it is usually found a little above the knee.
• Upper Thigh: This shorts variety has an inseam that ranges from between five to seven inches. This shorts is usually found below the midway points between the knees and hip. It is suitable for all body types.
• Above the Upper Thighs: This shorts variety has an inseam of about four inches. It is really best for men with an extra courage to pull-off looks.
• Hot pants: This pant variety has an inseam of two inches or less. Again, it is for people willing to pull looks as this pair of pants comes with a selected and limited number of places it could be worn.
Speaking of shorts lengths and the ideas behind how or when guys are supposed to pull them off, I personally do not think that any length is too short or too long. You see, there’s something about dressing up and how important it is for people to feel comfortable when they piece an outfit together.
Accepting the fact that different pants have occasions they fit in, and how important it is for the occasions to influence a person’s choice of outfit, it is also imperative to note that people are constantly finding ways to tweak how they look and still follow an occasion’s theme.
The point is, guys should be allowed to wear what makes them feel comfortable. I mean, everyone’s literally struggling to live the best versions of themself; and whether hot pants or above the knee shorts, they should be allowed and not ridiculed. All that really matters is how comfortable they are, and how ready they are to explore how they look at certain places and certain times.