Last week Models.com featured him on its Daily Duo section depicting him as classically handsome with piercing eyes, killer cheekbones and sculptured abs. We could not agree more with them, as we consider this young Aussie a promising guy who is certainly going to give us plenty to talk about, specially at Men’s Fashion Weeks which are almost around the corner. Meet up-and-coming model Jack Gusmeroli.
Jack Gusmeroli | Height. 6’0.5″ (184cm) | Country. Australia | Model Agency. FiveTwenty Management
An athletic physique remarkable of a Calvin Klein ad campaign, the young Aussie from Townsville, on the north-eastern coast of Queensland, was spotted on Snapchat (jackgus97) and now is represented by FiveTwenty Model Management and VNY models (New York). Besides being new to the scene, Jack has recently worked with Pat Supsiri and Mikey Whyte.
When he is not modeling Jack also counts with gilt-edged soccer skills that reflect his passion for soccer, being midfielder his favorite position and having played in the Major Leagues.
Vanity Teen had the chance to interview him. Read the full interview below and be sure to keep an eye on Jack (IG:@jackgusmeroli | SC: jackgus97) cause he is one to watch for the future.
1. How did you get discovered?
My agent found me on Snapchat.
2. You are a football player, being the midﬁelder for Australia’s Northern Fury under-16 team and having recently trained overseas at the Nike academy and the Panathinaikos Football Club in Athens. How your passion for football started and how has your career path been so far?
I started playing when I was five, then at age 12 I began playing for the team which are now known as Northern Fury. I have travelled to London for trials.
3. What is your most memorable soccer moment?
The travel and winning the Red Lion State Cup in 2013
4. What made you get into modeling?
I saw it as something new and unpredictable – I wanted to try it out
5. Being a football player and model. Do you think fashion and sports are interwoven? If so why?
Definitely. You just have to look at brands like Adidas and Nike to see how much of an influence sport has on fashion. Adidas collaboration with Raf Simmons & Kanye is a good example. You want to look sharp on the field too.
6. You recently worked with Pat Supsiri for Vulkan Magazine. How would you describe the experience of working with him as this was your ﬁrst fashion editorial?
It was interesting to seeing how relaxed and easy everything was . Plus working with Pat Supsiri made it a lot easier with it being my first shoot – he knows what he’s doing!
7. Is there a favorite designer you would like to model for?
Calvin Klein would be awesome!
8. Favorite soccer team?
Liverpool (unfortunately ha)
9. Favorite music band?
UV boi, Tyler The Creator, Skepta, Stormzy and Florence + The Machine
10. Any upcoming plans on the fashion or football scene?
Hoping to go to New York & LA in June to meet with my overseas agency and clients
11. Are you active on social media?
I live on Snapchat and Instagram (check me out at @jackgusmeroli)
12. Finally, three words to describe yourself?
Weird, hilarious, modest
Special thanks to Ryan Hall.Photos by Pat Supsiri courtesy of FiveTwenty Model Management